Wednesday, 22 July 2015

Tarion's Response to Minto Roof Vent Installations

I emailed our Tarion "conciliation inspector" (CC'ing Minto's MasterCare representatives assigned to our home) the pictures of the Minto roof vent installations, inquiring if they were acceptable and in compliance with Tarion CPG 5.3 and 5.4. I had a hunch at what the response would be, and  I was correct: "It is unlikely that water is penetrating the roof/attic through these gaps". If the roof vent were installed correctly with double buttering or back-buttering of roofing cement/gasket maker/caulking on the common mating surfaces of the roof itself and the roof vent flange I might agree. However, I have my doubts. Why spend 5-10 minutes per roof vent when you can save so much time? It looks like it's up to us to remove the roof vent ourselves and inspect what we can't see...

I forgot to add, Minto's MasterCare representatives had no comment on the roof vent installation. Colour me surprised once again.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Thanks for sharing with us and please keep posting.
    Roofing services Ottawa

    ReplyDelete