I went up on the low-pitch roof as it is actually quite easy to access. At first glance they might seem innocent, innocuous, posing no trouble at all. However, we live in Ottawa. Winter weather here can be downright atrocious, vicious, and make one wonder why they continue to live in Ottawa. We get snow buildup, ice buildup, freezing rain and sometimes even rain for a couple of days in January. Now you get the point about why these vent installations are incorrect (never mind that there are screws directly through the top shingles on each installation):
Furthermore, I pulled gently on this one and it freely moves up/down, I
suspect that there is no sealant/gasket maker/roofing cement double
buttered around the perimeter of both the roof surface and the roof
vent flange contact point.
I have emailed some of the pictures to both Tarion and Minto and am awaiting a response. I expect it to be "these roof vents are installed in accordance with Tarion CPG 5.3/5.4 and that the homeowner is responsible for the roof leak"...
No comments:
Post a Comment